Ant Control in Woodbridge, VA
There are many varieties of ants, each with its own pesky talent for interfering in your life. Blake’s Pest Control, Inc. serves Woodbridge with discreet, experienced pest control for all varieties of ants found in Virginia. If you find ants in your home, do not hesitate to call professionals for help.
Types of Ants Common in Virginia
- Pavement Ants – These ants are often seen on sidewalks and concrete outside. Notorious for their small anthills in lawns across Virginia, pavement ants often venture indoors in search of food. Though they have a stinger, they are non-aggressive and often harmless, but they can be quite a hassle due to their large numbers and ability to crawl through cracks and holes in the walls to get to your pantry.
- Odorous House Ants – Also called the stink ant or coconut ant, the odorous house ant gets its name from the foul coconut smell it emits when crushed. In the wild, these creatures harvest honeydew from aphids. In your home, they seek out sugary items in your pantry or on your floors. These ants are particularly pesky because they can nest almost anywhere indoors or out.
- Red Imported Fire Ants – Originally native to South America, fire ants have moved north over the last few decades and are distinguishable by their red coloring. This aggressive species is famous for its painful sting and persistent bite. Fire ants are most comfortable in their mounds which can grow up to two feet high. If you discover fire ants, do not hesitate to call professional help.
- Carpenter ants – Carpenter ants are most attracted to soft, damp wood like that of rotted trees. In the wild, they play an important role as a decomposer, but in your home, they are a serious pest. Unlike termites, carpenter ants do not eat wood, but rather chew their way through and design intricate nests. These ants are known to spread in parent and satellite colonies, making it necessary for a professional to treat the problem.
In general, it’s best to keep entry points to your home sealed, including gutters, windows, doors, and cracks in the floors or walls. Insects and other pests like ants are attracted to standing water and leftover food, so be sure to clean regularly.
- Seal and screen all windows and window frames
- Inspect all door sweeps and weather stripping
- Seal any cracks in basement walls, especially in hidden, hard to see places
- Clean out wet leaves and organic debris regularly
Call us Today
For over a decade, Blake’s Pest Control, Inc. has defended Woodbridge against a variety of pests. We offer comprehensive ant removal services at affordable prices. We know that infestations range from full swarms to minor nuisances, so we offer follow-up services and optional monthly rates. Whether the ant problem is in your home or business, our trained, licensed and insured technicians work quickly and discretely to remove the problem. Call Blake’s Pest Control, Inc. today to get the best service in Woodbridge.