Ant Removal for Your Home in Woodbridge, VA
We understand how obnoxious it is when ants decide to settle in your house because it impedes with your daily activities. The professional exterminators of Blake’s Pest Control Inc. provide residents of Woodbridge, VA, with thorough ant control services. Our ant removal process is low-key and efficient, so you can get on with your day quickly too. If you have noticed scavenger ants in your home, hire a company with extensive experience in pest control procedures.
- Red Imported Fire Ants – Fire ants have distinct red bodies and have made more frequent appearances in the state of Virginia over the years. They prefer to build dirt mounds in hot environments but they also make their way indoors to search for food. This aggressive species of ant is known for its sharp, painful bite that is followed by a burning feeling.
- Odorous House Ants – The odorous house ant is named after the foul odor it discharges when it is stepped on. Their diet usually consists of eating sweet foods, like fruit, honey and sugar. If you’ve seen ants in your pantry, they probably want sweet items but can also feed on insects.
- Carpenter Ants – Normally, carpenter ants don’t go indoors unless the structure is decaying and the wood is rotting. This is because they build their nests in rotted trees and wet wood when they’re outdoors. They play an important role the decomposition of rotten wood but in a house, they can create some damage.
- Pavement Ants – Sidewalks and rocks are a pavement ant’s favorite place to live. In the spring and summer is when these ants like to go into people’s homes. They sometimes find their way in when they are looking for food or evading a turf war with another colony of ants. These pests often scour kitchen pantries for sweet and savor foods alike.
Ant Control Prevention Tips
A house presents ants with various access points via gutters where there are ceiling seams, open windows or cracks near the door. It is important to use caulking to seal cracks or weather stripping for other gaps to make it less likely for ants to enter. Another great way to avoid an ant problem is to regularly sweep, mop floors and wipe counters to remove crumbs or spilled liquids. These are some strategies you can implement today to hinder and control ants:
- Install screens on every window
- Seal every window frame
- Inspect all weather stripping and door sweeps
- Add caulking to cracks on basement walls
- Check corners for gaps or broken wall trimmings
- Clean out wet leaves from gutters
- Remove organic debris frequently
Give Us a Call Today
Blake’s Pest Control Inc. is dedicated to providing lasting ant removal services to our friends and neighbors in Woodbridge, VA. Our fully comprehensive ant control services are provided at an affordable rate, so we can stay within our customer’s budgets. Depending on the extent of the ant issue and how long it has persisted, we can return for monthly maintenance. Call our staff at (703) 551-4596 to request a quote or schedule an ant exterminator visit.
We service the following cities and their surrounding areas: